CoDesign Studio is a design and placemaking social enterprise dedicated to reinventing Australian neighbourhoods. We help our clients create places that build social connection by using a collaborative design processes that ensures urban development decisions have positive outcomes for communities.
We are seeking applications for a senior consultant to join our multi-disciplinary team. You’ll have a key client facing role helping to manage projects, communications, budgets and deliverables to achieve the best outcomes across a wide range of projects. You’re also able to think strategically, identify problems, innovate solutions and clearly communicate outcomes to assist with business development.
We’re looking for suitably qualified professionals across a range of professional backgrounds. This includes social enterprise, community engagement, service design, project management, placemaking, urban design, landscape architecture, digital strategy, marketing, community development and other allied professions. Tech-savviness and an awareness of digital engagement and smart cities tools is a definite plus. You certainly don’t need to be a designer and we encourage applications from people with a range of expertise.
We’re a match if you’re
- Passionate about CoDesign’s mission to improve community connection through neighbourhood improvement projects.
- A consultant by nature. You understand commerciality and have experience winning work and managing clients.·
- Understand placemaking and community participation, and how it can help local communities build skills and confidence to achieve long-term change.
- A strategic thinker with a passion for solving planning, design and neighbourhood development challenges. This is not just a job to you.
- Self-motivated and self-reliant, you take initiative to get things done.
- Fluent in urban issues.
- Entrepreneurial, able to see new business opportunities.
- Great at listening, and have experience working with people from a range of different backgrounds.
- Flexible and able to roll with the punches as the scope of your projects shift and change.
- A clear communicator, able to simply articulate what it is you do and why, to a variety of audiences.
As the breadth and range of CoDesign’s projects is extensive, we recruit staff from a range of professional backgrounds. We look for people that have:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience
- Consulting project management, and budget management experience.
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Strong communication skills, and confidence facilitating workshops and meetings.
- Excellent written communication, with experience writing proposals and tender bids
- A solid understanding of community engagement, community development, placemaking and/or urban development
- Proficiency with using Apple Macs and Microsoft Office;
- Adobe Creative Suite advantageous
- Understanding of how digital tools can help leverage social change advantageous
Current driver’s license holder preferred
How to Apply
There is a two-stage application process
To apply, please send:
- A short CV (2 pages maximum), and
- A 2 minute movie answering the following question: “What do you see as a major urban issue facing Melbourne, and how would you address it?”
About the submission: The purpose of the movie is to help us understand you a bit better. Please feel free to use your smart phone. This can be very simple and rough with you talking to camera. It doesn’t need editing and doesn’t have to be professional quality. We’re not judging your production skills.
Submit your CV and movie link to: email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
Applications close 1 May 2017. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, so please do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible.